- Who we are
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of information
- Information Security
- Access to your personal information
- Correction of your personal information
- Definition of personal information
- Changes to this notice
- How to contact us
We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website. As a result, we would like to inform you regarding the way we would use your Personal Information. We recommend you to read this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent so that you understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this web site, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Customer Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Customer Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information in accordance therewith. If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to use our site, and please do not provide any Personal Information through this site. This Customer Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Site Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act). At EasyBiz we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully and openly.
Who we are
EasyBiz is the exclusive South African and Sub-Saharan African Distributor of the QuickBooks, Quick Payroll and eZ range of accounting and business software solutions for small, medium and larger sized businesses and is obligated to comply with POPI. POPI requires EasyBiz to inform their clients as to the manner in which their personal information is used, disclosed and destroyed. EasyBiz guarantees its commitment to protecting its client’s privacy and ensuring that their personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws. This Policy sets out the manner in which the EasyBiz deals with their client’s personal information as well as and stipulates the purpose for which said information is used. This Policy is made available on the EasyBiz company website www.easybiztech.co.za
The information we collect
Section 9 of POPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.” EasyBiz collects and processes client’s personal information pertaining to the client’s needs. The type of information will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose only. Whenever possible, EasyBiz will inform the client as to the information required. Examples of personal information we collect include, but is not limited to: – The Client’s Identity number, name, surname, address, postal code, marital status;- Description of the client’s residence, business, assets; financial information, banking details, etc.. With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in our industry. We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details which you have submitted to the site (for example, the products or services you are interested in). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this web site. We may from time to time supply third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website. Cookies policy: We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the POPI Act on privacy in electronic communications.
What is a cookie? Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
How we use your information
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your Personal Information so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you
- Evaluate the use of the site, products and services
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- For market research purposes
- For monitoring and auditing site usage
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your Personal Information and will not request the same information a second time.
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Make the site easier to use and to better tailor the site and our products to your interests and needs
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
- Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- To assist with business development
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To respond to your queries or comments
- We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
- You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our business partners who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms. We may share your Personal Information with, and obtain information about you from: • Third parties for the purposes listed above; we may also disclose your information: • Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes; • Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Personal Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Access to personal information;
- Computer and network security;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information;
- Physical security;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that Personal Information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your Personal Information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time. Please check our websites periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website www.easybiztech.co.za.