Deciding on the right accounting software for your business is a big decision, so why get bogged down in desktop accounting software vs online accounting software?
In this article we’re going to help you come to grips with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
So, what’s the difference?
QuickBooks desktop quick guide
- This is our leading small business accounting software offering in South Africa and it makes managing customers, suppliers and accounts really simple.
- The desktop version offers rich functionality and automation capability supported by an intuitive interface. An interface that is perceptive is an added bonus in a small business where various users can have access to the daily accounting functions. With its highly automated capabilities, tutoring a new member of staff on the programme is not a prolonged exercise, which means you don’t lose any valuable time keeping up with your financials.
- You can have between five and 30 users on QuickBooks desktop carrying out tasks like sales tracking, expenses and profits, creating and sending invoices (unlimited), managing accounts payable and even toggling between companies.
- An added bonus is the one-click sales and VAT reports, ever so important for tax return season, which we’re currently in. Tax can very often be the downfall of a small business, so having this functionality in a quality accounting software programme adds valuable peace of mind.
- Of course, remember that QuickBooks desktop is always accessible as it isn’t reliant on an internet connection. The internet, while a massive advantage in today’s business environment, can often be a hindrance to small businesses, and time lost without an internet connection very often means money lost too.
- The desktop version needs to be installed onto your computer.
- QuickBooks desktop comes standard with QuickPerks, our priority care plan, so there is always help close at hand.
QuickBooks online quick guide
- You can work from anywhere – and we literally mean anywhere – with QuickBooks online, as long as you have an internet connection.
- QuickBooks online allows you to run your business like clockwork from the cloud. What’s the cloud, we hear you say. In simple terms it’s a way of accessing your accounting software from your web browser, as opposed to installing it on your computer. The advantage of having it in the cloud is that your accounting data is synched across your devices and can never be lost.
- Many QuickBooks online customers are cutting down data entry time as the software can connect directly to your online banking platforms.
- It’s also easy to collaborate with colleagues using an online version and, remember, no installation of the actual programme is necessary.
- QuickBooks online also offers automatic backups, which can be a lifesaver for any small business, especially at tax crunch time.
- You can have between one and 25 users, plus your accountant, on the system at any one time.
- Being able to do business faster means you could get paid faster … now that makes good business sense.
Whichever option you choose, talk to QuickBooks about a free trial offer. Call 010 203 4300 or email email@example.com today.